Rape of a nation!

Introspecting over the recent events that have galvanized the country, it is nothing less than failure of a nation to protect its people. Ours is a freedom of no real value.

The pseudo sense of well-being that we like to keep ourselves in has been shaken!
Please realize it was all much more than just 'taking the wrong bus'. Its about a pathetic mindset of the society we live in. It is a society which can at best teach its women not to get raped but not its men to respect girls! I would say, each one of us encourages crime by not speaking against it. This case was in highlights, being a very heinous act, there are several such cases that don't even get reported,  victims do not speak up.

All the girls who travel by public transport know what is the magnitude of the harrassment we face, much more than the subtle term 'eve-teasing' could ever convey. Random comments, lewd stares, 'accidental' touching, being stalked; It ends nowhere. Have we got used to it? Everyone around me would tell me not to get into any argument if such a thing happens. If I confront, it is sure to turn ugly. I question this. If you allow yourself to be oppressed, please do not expect any bewitching change all of a sudden or even in next few decades! By not speaking up, you only help to PROPAGATE crime. Let us RISK VIOLENCE by objecting to it rather than continuing facing molestation.

Stop being complacent while carrying pepper sprays. Exercise your rights!


They tell us not to venture out after dark. Do we stop living? Is it too much to expect security from the government I give taxes to!
Dont wear it short. Tell that to a 2-year old!
Dont provoke men. Dont be out alone.

I say Dont take birth, its a dirty world and FEMINITY IS A CRIME! You can not feel safe!

Not that men feel any safer here! But I will restrict myself to the issue at hand.

A true mourning will be not to lament, not to stay numb, but to integrate, to be angry (and yet not violent) and to express! The more we talk of it, the more awareness it brings, and with it some action. THINK.


Her death marks death of soul of a nation!
Wish that bolsters us to think where do we stand!
Wish her brave soul rests in peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Clinical side!

What I fear....